As a certified Open Water diver, you’ve already discovered that scuba diving enables you to learn new skills and enjoy adventure, fun and recreation.
The Advanced Open Water Diver course helps you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water. You may have a growing interest in underwater photography or maybe a desire to explore new shipwrecks or just dive that little bit deeper. The Advanced Open Water Diver Course will give you the opportunity to undertake more dives under the direct supervision of a professional instructor to hone your skills. You'll have the opportunity to experience new underwater activities such as Underwater-Digital-Photography, Driftdiving, Wreckdiving or Nightdiving.
It will give you further certification to dive to 30 meters depth, allowing you access to more dive sites that the professional scuba diving shops and centers would not have allowed you to explore as an Open Water Diver.
The Advanced Open Water Diver course is conducted over 3 days with 5 dives in total.
- 1 x Underwater Navigation-Dive (required)
- 1 x Deep dive max. 30 meters (required)
Dive "One" and "Two" are required Dives for the Advanced Open Water Diver Certification, Dives "Three", "Four" and "Five" you can choose from PADI Adventure Dives "PADI Specialty Courses" list.
- Wreck diver
- Drift Diver
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Boat Diver
- Night Diver
- Multilevel Diver
- Diver Propulsion Vehicle
- Enriched Air Diver
- Emergency Oxygen Provider
- Search and Recovery
- Sidemount Diver
- Project AWARE Specialist
- UW Photographer
- UW Videographer
Please note that the elective dives for the ”Advanced Open Water„ Diver course are experience dives.
Each is not a ”specialty„ course and in order to achieve the specialty rating in each the specific Specialty diver course needs to be taken independently from the advanced course.
What are the Requirements for the Advanced Open Water Course?
The Medical Certificate are mandatory by LAW and necessary to dive in Spain
LAW of 14th of October 1997 - BOE N°:280 from 22nd of November 1997
- IMPORTANT!!! Diver Medical Certificate not older than 24 Months if you are under 40 Years old and if you are over 40 years old not older then 12 Months. This Medical Certificate you can get also here on Gran Canaria by a local Medical Center in Playa del Ingles.
- 15 years old (12 years "Junior" Advanced Open Water Dive Course).
- Certified PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent diving certification.
You may combine the Advanced Open Water Course with the Enriched Air Diver Course and obtain two certifications at the same time.
The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course includes:
- 1 x Adventures in Diving Manual
- 1 x Slate - Adventures in Diving Multipurpose Data Carrier
- 1 x PADI Surface Signal Marker
- 1 x PADI Emergency Whistle
- 1 x DVD - Adventures in Diving, Diver Edition
- 1 x PADI Decal
- 1 x Bag - Crewpack
- All PADI Registration Fee's
- Free equipment hire during the PADI AOWD course
- Transfer from/to your hotel/Accommodation between Puerto Rico & Arinaga during the AOWD course dives/skills